Unit Plan Outline

 I have decided to do my unit on The Girl Who Drank the Moon and I am really excited about the activities that I am thinking about doing along with the reading of the book. Below is a rough outline of what I am currently planning on doing for my unit but it is totally subject to change over the course of the planning experience. I have not yet figured out how I am going to wrap up the unit but I am thinking that the costume day in week 4 could turn into a class party that goes along with the theme of the book.


Week 1: Chapters 1-12

Activities- Fairy tale exploration

-Letter to a character

Week 2: Chapters 13-24

Activities- Fractured fairy tales

-Glerk style poems

Week 3: Chapters 25-36

Activities- More Glerk style poems

-If this were a movie. . . 

Week 4: Chapters 37-48

Activities- Character identities, who are you?

-Map creation

-Costume day


Comments

Popular Posts